3 channel inputs for the simultaneous recording of Leakage Current and Load Current• Large capacity for storing 60,000 data points
• Lowpass Filter will filter out the harmonics
• LED flickers when the preset current value is exceeded
• CALL: Confirmation of recorded data
• Selection of One-time mode or Endless mode
• Non Volatile Memory
• Battery power indicator
• The userfriendly PC software "KEW LOG Soft 2" is supplied
• Continuous measuring time: Approx. 10 days (Alkaline Battery)
Application Notes and Useful Tips
Insulation Level Monitoring by checking the leakage current
- Detect an intermittent leakage current as often this is unpredictable.
- Check for nuisance tripping of an RCD/ELCB due to a leakage current. Check also if RCD is tripping at its rated tripping current.
- Check for the presence of harmonics. Use 2 clamp sensors (one per channel) on same line and use the ﬁlter function on one clamp sensor. A difference in values between the 2 channels will indicate the presence of harmonics. In this way the source generating harmonics can be traced.
Monitoring the load current
- Conﬁ rm the stability of a load (eg. motor) and the distortion it causes to the current by detecting accurately the over load caused for example by an inrush (starting) current and a surge current.
- Check for phase imbalance (in a 3 phase system)
- Rate switchgear appropriately by measuring the peak current and the inrush current.
- Analyze voltage drop due to starting current and thus compensate accordingly.
Monitoring overall electrical power of production line at factories or each ﬂoor at buildings
4 recording modes make various measurements possible
Large capacity for storing 60,000 data points
60,000 data points can be recorded when 1ch is used, and when all the three channels are used, 20,000 data points per channel can be recorded.
MAX.number of recorded data
|Using all 3 channels||Using 2 channels||Using only 1 channel|
|20,000 data||30,000 data||60,000 data|
Max. recording duration
|Using all 3 channels||Using 2 channels||Using only 1 channel|
|2 sec.||11:06:40||16:40:00||1 day 9:20:00|
|5 sec.||1 day 3:46:40||1 day 17:40:00||3 days 11:20:00|
|10 sec.||2 days 7:33:20||3 days 11:20:00||6 days 22:40:00|
|15 sec.||3 days 11:20:00||5 days 5:00:00||10 days 10:00:00|
|20 sec.||4 days 15:06:40||6 days 22:40:00||13 days 21:20:00|
|30 sec.||6 days 22:40:00||10 days 10:00:00||20 days 20:00:00|
|1 min.||13 days 21:20:00||20 days 20:00:00||41 days 16:00:00|
|2 min.||27 days 18:40:00||41 days 16:00:00||83 days 8:00:00|
|5 min.||69 days 10:40:00||104 days 4:00:00||208 days 8:00:00|
|10 min.||138 days 21:20:00||208 days 8:00:00||416 days 16:00:00|
|15 min.||208 days 8:00:00||260 days 10:00:00||520 days 0:00:00|
|20 min.||277 days 18:40:00||416 days 16:00:00||833 days 8:00:00|
|30 min.||416 days 16:00:00||625 days 0:00:00||1250 days 0:00:00|
|60 min.||833 days 8:00:00||1250 days 8:00:00||2500 days 0:00:00|
Continuous measuring time : Approx. 10 days (Alkaline Battery)
* Max recording time is dependent on battery life (approx 10-days with Alkaline battery)
* Use of optional AC Adopter is recommended for long time recording.
LED ﬂickers when the preset current value is exceeded.
- Available for Trigger / Capture Recording modes.
- LED on the Sensor connected channel blinks when following Trigger is detected.
- LED flashes whenever the measured values exceed the pre-set detection level during measurements.
Trigger is detected when the measured values exceed the pre-set detection level under Trigger / Capture Recording Mode.
CALL : Conﬁrmation of recorded data
- The following can be displayed: number of recorded data points, (max+ min+ peak) value for each channel complete with time/date information in the Normal recording mode. (Detected values (i.e. when values are outside preset limits) can be displayed in other recording modes)
- RECALL: The last 10 recorded data points including time/date can be recalled on the logger display.
Selection of One-time mode or Endless mode
- One-time on:
Recording will stop when memory is used up.
- One-time off:
Over write the old data, and store the latest data.
Battery power indicator
- Indicates battery voltage in 4-levels.
(It is possible to use the logger for a further approx 24 hours even after the warning symbol is ﬂ ashing.)
- Recorded data will be retained even if the batteries are exhausted or replaced due to the presence of a nonvolatile memory (guaranteed for 10 years)
Analyzing and processing the recorded data with a PC
Easy to set up with a PC
- Supplied with the user friendly software "KEW LOG Soft 2".
- The recorded data is downloadable onto a PC via USB cable.
- Via the software the following parameters can be set: time/date, recording intervals, the start of recording, recording methods, name of monitoring site and comments.
- The type of the sensor connected to the logger will be automatically recognized.
- Just click appropriate dialog boxes for set up if it is not required to input any comments.
- By using commercially available USB hub, multiple loggers can be connected to a PC and can set the synchronized time.
Large data can be easily processed
- Recorded data can also be converted to CSV files, and data can be processed in Excel.
Simplified Power Integration
- The PC software “KEW LOG Soft 2” provides easy calculation of integral power consumption.
(Single-phase 2-wire, Single-phase 3-wire, Three-phase 3-wire, Threephase 4-wire)
* Simplifi ed power integration function is available for the data recorded under Normal Recording mode.
Normal Recording Mode
(AC 50/60Hz, Sine wave, Input: 10% or more of the range at CH1)
|100.0mA||±2.0%rdg±0.9%f.s.+ Accuracy of Sensor|
|Other ranges||±1.5%rdg±0.7%f.s.+ Accuracy of Sensor|
|Crest Factor||2.5 or less: RMS accuracy (sine) + 2%rdg + 1%f.s.|
*Max, Min and Instant Peak values in Normal Recording mode are just reference values:
their accuracies aren't guaranteed.
Trigger Recording Mode (AC 50/60Hz sine wave)
|100.0mA||±3.5%rdg±2.2%f.s.+ Accuracy of Sensor|
|Other ranges||±3.0%rdg±2.0%f.s.+ Accuracy of Sensor|
Capture Recording Mode
|100.0mA||±3.0%rdg±1.7%f.s.+ Accuracy of Sensor|
|Other ranges||±2.5%rdg±1.5%f.s.+ Accuracy of Sensor|
|Recording mode||Normal, Trigger, Capture|
|Operating system||Successive Approximation
(CH1 single synchronized sampling)
|Rated max. working voltage||AC 9.9Vrms, 14V peak value|
|Number of input channel||3ch|
|Measuring method||True RMS|
|RMS measuring interval||approx. 100ms|
|Sampling interval||Normal/Trigger mode : approx. 1.65ms/CH
Capture mode : approx. 0.55ms (waveform: at every 1.1ms)
|Current range||8146 (30A type) : 100.0/1000mA/10.00/30.0A
8147 (70A type) : 100.0/1000mA/10.00/70.0A
8148 (100A type) : 100.0/1000mA/10.00/100.0A
8121 (100A type) : 10.00/100.0A
8122 (500A type) : 50.00/500.0A
8123 (1000A type) : 100.0/1000A
8128/8135 (5A type) : 5.000A/(50.00A)
8127 (100A type) : 10.00A/100.0A
8126 (200A type) : 20.00A/200.0A
8125 (500A type) : 50.00A/500.0A
8124 (1000A type) : 100.0A/1000A
8130 (1000A type) : 100.0/1000A
|Low battery warning||Battery mark display (in 4 levels)|
|Over-range indication||"OL" mark is displayed when exceeding the measuring range|
|Auto power off||Power-off function operates automatically after a switch remains for 3min. (when recording is stopped)|
|Possible measurement time||Approx. 10 days (with alkaline LR6 batteries)|
|Applicable standards||IEC 61010-1:2001 CAT III 300V Pollution degree2
IEC 61326 (EMC standard)
|Included Accessories||7148 (USB cable),
9118 (Carrying case)
Alkaline battery LR6×4pcs,
PC software "KEW LOG Soft 2",
Instruction manual, Quick manual, Install manual,
USB Notice sheet
|Optional Accessories||8146/8147/8148 (Leakage & Load current Clamp Sensor),
8121/8122/8123 (Load current Clamp Sensor),
8124/8125(*1)/8126(*2)/8127(*3)/8128 (Load current Clamp Sensor),
8130(*4)/8135 (Flexible Clamp Sensor),
7185 (Extension cable for sensor)
8320 (AC Adapter),
9135 (Carrying bag)
*1-4: Can use with after the following serial numbers.
Accessories/Optional Accessories /Related Products
- Product Catalogue
- Instruction Manual
- Applicable model list