Earth Resistance & Resistivity Tester
Earth Resistance & Resistivity Tester• High test current up to 80mA yielding resolution of 0.001Ω on 2Ω range.
• Advanced Filtering method (based on FFT Fast Fourier Transform) reduces noise interference for obtaining stable measurements.
• Automatic and Manual selection of the Test Current Frequency in four bands (94/105/111/128Hz). In Automatic mode, KEW 4106 will select the most suitable Frequency.
• Several sub-results can be shown on the display: Resistance of the Auxiliary Earth Spikes, Frequency of Test Current, Voltage and Frequency of Interference (noise), Residual Resistance Rk, etc.
• Warning for excessive noise and high Auxiliary Earth Spikes resistance.
• Large Graphic Display with backlight for readings in poorly illuminated areas.
• Up to 800 measurement results can be saved in the memory and recalled on the display.
• The stored results can be transferred to a PC using the "KEW Report" software and a USB adaptor (Model 8212-USB) which are included.
• Robust design with IP54 protection.
|2Ω||0.001Ω||0.03 - 2.099Ω||±2%rdg±0.03Ω|
|20Ω||0.01Ω||0.03 - 20.99Ω||±2%rdg±5dgt (*1)|
|200Ω||0.1Ω||0.3 - 209.9Ω|
|2000Ω||1Ω||3 - 2099Ω|
|20kΩ||10Ω||0.03k - 20.99kΩ|
|200kΩ||100Ω||0.3k - 209.9kΩ|
|Auxiliary earth resistance
|8% of Re+Rh+Rs|
|2Ω||0.1Ω·mm - 1Ω·m
|0.2 - 395.6Ω·m||ρ=2×π×a×Rg (*2)|
|20Ω||0.2 - 3956Ω·m|
|200Ω||20 - 39.56kΩ·m|
|2000Ω||0.2 - 395.6kΩ·m|
|20kΩ||2.0 - 1999kΩ·m|
|Series interference voltage
Ust (A.C only) (*3)
|50V||0.1V||0 - 50.9Vrms||±2%rdg±2dgt (50/60Hz)|
|±3%rdg±2dgt (40 - 500Hz)|
|40Hz - 500Hz||±1%rdg±2dgt|
|Measuring method||Earth resistance: Fall-of-potential method
(currents and voltages measured via the Probes)
Measurement method of Earth Resistivity (ρ): Wenner 4-pole method
Series interference voltage (earth voltage)
RMS Rectifier (between the E-S Terminals)
|Memory capacity||800 data|
|Communication Interface||Model 8212-USB Optical Adaptor|
|LCD||Dot-matrix 192×64 monochrome|
|Overload Protection||between E-S(P) and between E-H(C) terminals AC280V / 10 sec.|
|Applicable standards||IEC 61010-1 CAT III 300V, CAT IV 150V Pollution degree 2
IEC 61010-031, IEC 61557-1, 5, IEC 61326-1 (EMC), IEC 60529 (IP54)
|Power source||DC12V : sizeAA manganese dry battery (R6) × 8
(Auto power off: approx. 5 minutes)
|Dimensions||167(L) × 185(W) × 89(D) mm|
|Weight||approx. 900g (including batteries)|
|Accessories||7229A (Earth precision measurement),
7238A (Simplified measurement test leads),
8032 (Auxiliary earth spikes [2 spiks/set])×2 sets (4 spikes in total),
8200-04 (Cord reel [4 pcs])×1 set,
8212-USB (USB adaptor with "KEW Report(Software)"),
9121 (Shoulder strap),
9125 (Carrying case),
R6 × 8, Instruction manual, Calibration certificate
|Optional||8212-RS232C (RS232C adaptor with "KEW Report(Software)")|
(*1) Auxiliary earth resistance is 100Ω with Rk correction
(*2) Depending on the measured Rg. Interval [a] between auxiliary earth spikes is 1.0 - 30.0m
(*3) This instrument is NOT designed to measure line voltages on commercial powers.
Accessories/Optional Accessories /Related Products
- Product Catalogue
- Instruction Manual